Shincheonji Recruitment Strategies #Surveys and others

 Does the Shincheonji cult change tactics sometimes? 

I left and never finished the Bible study group meetings and my sister is a full member and instructor in the group. 

The teachings in Shincheonji and the study group were mostly the same but I have never heard any mention of the name Lee Man Hee when I was still meeting with them. 

My sister also never mentioned anyone named Lee Man Hee even though he is the "promised pastor".

They also use webinars to recruit people from what I've seen. 

One time my friend and I were walking around our university campus and my sister and her friend saw us and asked us if we could answer their "survey" because it was for her friend's assignment. 

There were a bunch of questions like "what do you know about the Bible?" or "what do you think of religion?", etc. 

I didn't mind answering it because I thought it was only for her grade. 

It wasn't until we were done that my sister's friend invited us to join this webinar they're going to have where we will learn about the Bible. 

That's when I knew it was something involving the group. 

Do they also use projects as a disguise for recruitment? 

Because when my sister's friend tried to have us do the survey she kept on mentioning that it was just for her project and then right after that she started trying to get us to attend a webinar meeting with Shincheonji.


COMMENTS

Yes. Sometimes they utilize LIGHT club, WLTS, paper surveys (questions made by group leaders).

Here are some Q’s we have utilized before:

  1. What is the fruit that Adam and Eve ate? (Tricky for people who don’t read the Bible: it’s not an apple, it’s the forbidden fruit).

  2. How many books are there in the Bible? (Trick question: answer used to be 66 but now it’s around 70 since there are 5 books in psalms)

  3. How important is each—family, faith, career—on a scale of one to ten?

  4. On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate your knowledge of the Bible?

  5. What are you more inclined to join? (Fellowship, bible study, small group, worship, prayer)

  6. What language was the Bible written in the OT and NT? (Trick question for NT because the answer they have is figurative language, besides Greek)

  7. Would you join a free seminary school?

  8. If you could ask God one question, what would you ask?

  9. What does heaven look like?

  10. Where are you trying to grow more in regard to your faith?


Yes, they do. They come up with "strategies" which are lies to pull people in. 
Webinars are also used. 
They do speeches too. 
And other activities like clubs and fellowship groups. 
I learned about MHL and SCJ at the end of Elementary the 1st part of center. 
But it depends on if they feel the students are well connected and has shown they believe by showing commitment to the class that it is revealed. 
It is usually revealed individually.


They do surveys a lot